Feast Hosts Chef Jeff Wiley for Monday Night Guest Chef Series
It’s been more than a month since Jeff Wiley left Beat Street Coffee Co & Bistro, but you can still get a taste for what chef’s cooking at Feast (1024 S Alamo). Stefan Bowers, executive chef at Feast, will open up his kitchen to Wiley for a six-course dinner on Monday, November 25.
The dinner is part of the Monday Night Guest Chef Series that’s also featured Robbie Nowlin (chef de cuisine at Omni La Mansion del Rio) and Jennifer Dobbertin (Hot Mess Food/We Both Love Soup). Wiley’s menu description is abstract, but here’s some of what attendees should expect:
- Pea salad/boquerones/pickled green onion/piquillo peppers/saffron vin/bone marrow aioli
- chile guero/pork belly carnitas/pepper “sause”/jamon/manchego/curry powder
- tuna carpaccio/charred red cabbage/red grapes/arugula/cherry walnut butter/cherry vin
- crispy sweet breads/parsnip pear puree/sweet and sour figs/lavender honeycomb/molasses
- braised rabbit/oyster mushrooms/pappardelle/Spanish olives/pecorino/shallot jam/crême fraiche
- cake and ice cream (Grandma’s recipe)/chocolate sheath cake/cinnamon ice cream
Reservations can be made at (210) 354-1024 for $50 seats. Bar opens at 6, dinner starts at 7 p.m.